“The 12 Gifts of Retail Christmas” for a Happy New Year
On the ninth day of Christmas VM-Unleashed gave to me…
No.9 “The tools we need to control our stores.”
VMTookit & operations efficiency benchmarking
Having the correct VMToolkit ensures that ROI is focused on creating excellence and efficiency in the disciplines of store VM operations and support functions that make a difference to your business, your stores and your customer..
the lack of the correct guidelines, processes and skills will result in inconsistent, unattractive and under-performing stores where staff become disengaged and unresponsive.
- what tools should I have to improve my VM operations and store sales performance?
how can I improve the collaboration between head office buying and store selling teams?
what structure, skills and responsibilities should I have for my VM operations team?
how do I identify and improve issues that hold back store delivery and sales such as space planning, assortment structure, allocation & replenishment?
which VMToolkit offers me the best ROI?
This is how we help…
VMToolkit & Operations efficiencies
“How can I improve store operations efficiency, processes and performance through the adoption of an appropriate store VMToolkit delivered in the most practical and cost-effective way?”
Assessment of the current processes, procedures, timings and tools in delivering efficient, attractive and commercially successful stores
- assessment of the organisational structure, roles and responsibilities
- assessment in the chain of processes from product design to store display
- individual analysis of product design, buying & merchandising, space planning, store grading and allocation, logistics and delivery to stores, visual merchandising operations, store operations, sales & service, staff training
- action plan priorities for adopting best practice Store VMToolkit – VMmanuals, dynamic guidelines, formal training academies, store plans, retail calendar, dynamic communication, informal store training, Event “war-chest,” store props and fixtures “war-chest,” daily, weekly rules & regimes
- action plan priorities for organisational structures
- assessment of assortment structure and product collection
- Identify weaknesses and quick improvements in the organisational processes, structure timings and tools
- Identify decisive actions to improve store sales and efficiencies
- Identify better ways to integrate buying & merchandising with store display and vm
- Energise VMoperations to link HQ to stores
- Employ and improve priority elements of the VMToolkit that will return maximum ROI
- Effect customer facing elements most important to your proposition and customer USP
- Identify opportunities to improve your assortment through the store delivery
- Detailed interviews with head office department heads including buying & merchandising, supply chain & logistics, space planning, marketing, store operations, vm operations and HR training
- Analysis of operational processes, schedules and documentation
- Detailed interviews of regional & store managers and sales personnel
- Store visits with delivery of assortment and customer experience assessment
- Analysis of available market research and customer focus groups
- Analysis of store performance KPIs related to store delivery
Aggressive actions (from a potentially long list):
- re-schedule hourly and daily tasks to generate quick-win sales
- initiate re-merchandising process to invigorate stores
- activate dynamic store communication and training
- collect and corroborate store capacity data
- identify store VM champions
- fast-track training both remotely and by store cluster
- re-cluster stores by issue and not be geography
- re-assess allocation and replenishment strategy
Check out more of our series of “audits, analysis, answers & aggressive actions”
Please get in touch. We’ll be happy to help & advise…
+44 (0)7967 609849